The Pet Hospital of Madison understands that when pets are injured or ill, their families just want to see them better again. Because treatment cannot begin until our veterinarians have an accurate diagnosis, we have equipped our hospital with an in-house laboratory and state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment. In fact, 99% of our testing is done in-house so that we do not need to wait hours or even days for test results from outside facilities—we can have results quickly when your pet needs them most.
In-House Veterinary Laboratory
Our lab is equipped with the technology to handle a wide variety of sample types and testing needs, including:
- Blood chemistry
- Complete blood count
- Bacterial cultures
- Glucose monitoring
- Fungal cultures
- Infectious disease screening
- Intestinal parasite screening
Diagnostic Veterinary Technology
In addition to our laboratory, The Pet Hospital of Madison has monitoring and imaging technology that we routinely use in diagnosing cases, including:
- Digital X-ray—Unlike film-based X-ray technology, our digital X-rays provide much higher resolution so our doctors can take fewer images and manipulate those images to clearly see even the smallest fracture or joint condition.
- Electrocardiography—Monitoring the electrical impulses of the heart allows our veterinarians to diagnose many cardiac conditions in pets.
- Veterinary ultrasound—As a means of viewing “real-time” functioning of internal organs, this non-invasive diagnostic tool provides our veterinarians with the ability to see the location, condition, and functioning of pet organs without surgery.
- Video endoscopy—An endoscope is a small camera and light affixed to the end of a flexible tube. We can use the endoscope to examine the internal linings of the pet’s gastrointestinal system. A tool can also be attached to the endoscope for easy removal of items the pet may have ingested.
You and Your Pet Are Not Just a Diagnosis
Getting to the bottom of what is wrong with your pet is very important, but all the while we treat your pet with kindness and strive to minimize pain and stress. We are dedicated to providing compassionate veterinary medicine to all our patients. Further, we provide our human clients with support during what can be a distressing time.